Brainstorming on Situations in St. John’s and NL
The Coalition on Richer Diversity (CORD) is inviting you, as a stakeholder on the employment issue , to a few hours of brainstorming on this local job filling disconnect. This session will focus on:
- identifying most common issues from employer and job-seeker perspectives;
- brainstorming on possible remedies to problems identified;
- suggesting actions, addresses, and a plan to act on the identified critical disconnects;
- defining an agenda and a list of potential individuals and organizations for a Diversity Winter Event on Employment where more options will be explored and the outcomes of this brainstorming activity will be further discussed and outcomes will be reported to relevant players and/or potential partnerships will be proposed.
CORD, in its position as an umbrella group concerned mainly with improving the settlement situation for refugees and immigrants in St. Johns and NL, will write up a detailed report on the overall findings of both meetings. This report will be a public record of issues raised and solutions suggested by people significantly involved in the issues.
As this is only a working planing session he number of attendees is limited and preference will be given to front line organizations related to employment support, career development, employers groups and associations and similar ones. To register for the event or for more information, please contact projects at riac.ca or call us at 754-4122
Please come and share your ideas and learn more from others
- Tuesday, October 29th, 2012
- 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- St. Teresa’s Parish Board Room
- Mundy Pond Road
- Admission: Free